Research

We are in the process of digitizing many of our collections and have decided to make some of them available to view and download online. Please check back often as we add to the online collection of digital resources.

Collections »

Central School Number 3

Central School Number 3

Central Common School District was formed in January 1930 when four schools, Clawson, Durant, Allentown (Old Union) and Pollok consolidated into a new district.  That year the school was classified as a four year high school.   Part of the Simpson district and the Red Town district joined Central in the 1930’s (the remainder of Simpson joined the Wells district in Cherokee County).  The school started with one building that had a combination auditorium and basketball court that was also used for a lunch room. In 1939 with the help of federal aid, a second building was constructed. Central became an independent district in 1954.