Research

We are in the process of digitizing many of our collections and have decided to make some of them available to view and download online. Please check back often as we add to the online collection of digital resources.

Collections »

Boles School Number 36

Boles School Number 36

Located three miles south of Lufkin, Otto Brittain was a teacher here about 1915. The school was classified as a one year high school in 1919 and 1930.  In 1939, Boles School was annexed to the Lufkin Independent School District. In 1951, the school building was moved to the Kurth campus to eliminate the use of U.S. Army barracks from Camp Swift, Bastrop.