Research

We are in the process of digitizing many of our collections and have decided to make some of them available to view and download online. Please check back often as we add to the online collection of digital resources.

Collections »

Biloxi School Number 23

Biloxi School Number 23

Biloxi School was located three miles east of Lufkin in the small community of Biloxi. It consisted of one three-room schoolhouse and was classified as a one year high school in 1919 and as a two year high school by 1930.  Lufkin Independent School District annexed this school in 1951 and elementary students were bused to Herty School.