Research

We are in the process of digitizing many of our collections and have decided to make some of them available to view and download online. Please check back often as we add to the online collection of digital resources.

Collections »

Beulah School Number 38

Beulah School Number 38

The first school at Beulah began about 1903 and was taught in a church building until 1917, when the state approved money to build a school house in every community with at least 21 children. Beulah was classified as a one year high school in 1919 and as a two year high school by 1930. While class was in session in 1954, a tornado destroyed the building pictured here. The community built a new building, but Beulah School District consolidated with Diboll in 1962.