The History Center publishes The Pine Bough, a popular annual East Texas history magazine featuring our growing archival collections.
The Pine Bough - Vol 12, December 2007
This issue of the Pine Bough focuses on the 114 year history of ownership and management of the East Texas forest by Temple businesses, following Temple-Inland's fall 2007 sale of more than a million acres of Texas forestlands. Also featured is an article on Diboll's radio station KSPL, which served East Texas listeners from 1957 until 1981. The scrapbook section features 10 pages of interesting subjects, including the Neches River, the Burke, Rockland, and Aldridge communities, and East Texas railroads. Additionally, the news and notes section shares about The History Center's exciting year of events and activities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS: December 2007
KSPL Radio: The Voice of Diboll, by Emily Hyatt
A Brief History of Temple Land Ownership and Management in East Texas, 1893-2007, by Jonathan Gerland
Big Tin Barn
Cotton Belt Railroad, Lake Sam Rayburn
Diboll Fire Department
News & Notices