Finding Guides are tools that allow researchers to get an in-depth look at a collection before actually seeing the collection. Not all collections have finding guides, and not all finding guides are available on the website. Finding guides are created as collections are processed, with special attention given to the most used and requested collections. Here are our online finding guides available so far.
This collection consists of 30 Diboll High School Yearbooks (1944-1967) collected by Wilbur F. Pate and one school assignment completed in January 1942. Mr. Pate collected the yearbooks during his long tenure as Diboll High School principal and Diboll Superintendent. The Geography paper entitled “Manufacturing Lumber in Diboll, TX” was a product of his studies to complete a master’s degree at Stephen F. Austin State Teacher’s College. The paper included 24 photographs of Diboll in the winter of 1941-1942.
The Sue Perkins Collection consists of over 10,000 photographs documenting Diboll Independent School district activities, especially high school sports, clubs, organizations, and award ceremonies from 1988 to 2002. Photographs were created and used for the annual yearbooks during these years.
The C. A. "Neal" Pickett Papers consist of correspondence, photographs, speeches, reports, clippings, newsletters, and other papers documenting his tenure as mayor of Houston and involvement in the American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America, Federal Housing Administration in Houston, Rotary, Methodist Church, and Deep East Texas Development Council.
The Pine Tree Garden Club Collection contains program booklets, minutes, correspondence, membership lists, budget reports and scrapbooks from 1978 to 2017 which were donated in two different accessions.
The Pine Tree Garden Club Collection consists of 11 scrapbooks documenting the club’s activities and members from 1982-2014.
The Planned Parenthood of Southeast Texas Collection contains 5 cubic feet of memorabilia, plaques, photo albums, reports, newspaper articles, and awards covering the years 1976 to 2011. The Lufkin clinic operated under several different names from 1973 to 2013.